Thursday, 9 July 2015

Lesson 6 - 7/7/15

This week was very tight in terms of time, as we had lots of material and items for a show but nothing that linked them altogether and no running order. Therefore pace moved quickly and we all had to concentrate in order to make them most of the short time we had.

Throughout the morning we worked steadily through the running order that had been created. It was led by Anna and Rachel and I think we worked well as a company because everyone was focused solidly on the task. We were stitching the piece together and making alterations to items all morning. Personally I would have liked the whole piece to be complete so we could just run it this week, but it all came together in the end and we had a finished piece by the end of the morning.

Fortunately in the afternoon we were given the opportunity to perform for an audience made up of other students in our year. It was great to be under pressure to perform to the best of our abilities and to see how the piece works altogether. The performance went well other than a few technical glitches and we definitely needed the audience's presence to get a feel for how the piece may run on Friday. We also asked the audience to give us feedback, and the main comment was to 'give more' and 'commit more' which we can easily change and which will probably happen  naturally in the real performance. It was a shame to learn that not everyone was giving 100% and I think it is everyone's role and responsibility within the group to ensure they know exactly what they are doing so they can fully commit to the performance.

Between now and Friday I need to learn my lines for Jasmine's poem - the picture on the right. It is abut Bob so I need to make sure I know it off by heart and can deliver it well, putting the emphasis in the right place which is so important in poetry.

I also need to recap the movement for the fight scene and the rock 'n' roll dance to make sure that I know exactly what I'm doing because we devised them quite long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment